MacLachlan College has an exciting opportunity for an Manager, Alumni Relations to join our team!
About MacLachlan College
MacLachlan College is an independent (Pre-K to Grade 12) co-educational school in Oakville, Ontario. Housed in a historic mansion in Olde Oakville, MacLachlan was founded in 1978 with the commitment to challenge and explore the limitations of traditional education by developing a bold and creative vision that promotes an entrepreneurial, success-driven, and future-oriented mindset that is integrated into every aspect of school life.
Offering the benefits of small class sizes, MacLachlan is a world-class school with highly dedicated and engaged teachers and an internationally recognized curriculum. Our exceptional PK through Grade 12, co-educational learning environment is centered on academic excellence and an ongoing commitment to the latest innovations in education.
In addition to offering academic excellence to our students, MacLachlan College is committed to providing an exceptional workplace for our staff. We believe that investing in our faculty is essential to ensuring the success of our students. That's why we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement savings plans, and professional development opportunities.
At MacLachlan, we foster a supportive, collaborative community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage our staff to maximize their potential as educators and mentors by providing opportunities for professional growth, leadership development, and recognition of their achievements. Our strong co-curricular emphasis and global focus, inspired by our Advanced Placement courses and International Baccalaureate programme, offer unique opportunities for our staff to engage with students beyond the classroom and make a difference in their lives. To learn more about MacLachlan College, please visit: www.maclachlan.ca
The Manager of Alumni Relations is responsible for the cultivation of lifelong relationships between the School and its alumni, working to ensure that these enduring connections remain a core ongoing strength of the school. Guided by the School’s mission and vision, as well as the short-term and long-term goals, the Alumni Relations Manager will play an important role to raise philanthropic income for the MacLachlan College Educational Foundation and engage alumni and the wider community in the life of the School and support its strategic priorities.
- Responsible for developing and implementing an alumni engagement strategy and program that specifically aims to build the School’s alumni community.
- Establish and implements short and long-range program goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness; recommends and effects changes required for continued improvement.
- Manage all alumni networking events and programs including, but not limited to receptions, socials, special events, Alumni Floor Hockey Tournament; documents, reconciles and evaluates all events and programs; and works with colleagues, across external relations and with faculty and other school administration to extend and leverage existing offerings; conducts post-mortems and documentation on all Alumni Events.
- Collaborate closely with Admissions, Marketing and Communications, and Information Technology, to ensure accurate and complete records, list generation and reporting, including but not limited to capturing historical, biographical, current contact, education, career information and communication preferences via both traditional and social media, online surveys, event preferences and registration, correspondence, website, etc.
- Establish and builds relationships with our growing alumni network, maintains regular communication with Alumni via direct contact, e-mail blasts, web pages, social media, print and electronic publications.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications to provide direction and input for communications with alumni and other external constituent groups, such as parents, grandparents, former volunteers, former faculty, and staff.
- Collaborate with colleagues to increase support by alumni; routinely identifies and qualifies alumni prospects for fundraising pipeline development and volunteer engagement opportunities.
- Design and implement donor campaigns leading to transformative gifts to support the MacLachlan College Educational Foundation bursaries.
- Works closely with the graduating class to inform current students about future alumni programs and highlights the valuable ongoing contributions of alumni to the school.
- Establishes and builds relationships with current faculty and staff, maintaining an awareness of all school programs and events to identify and/or create opportunities to connect current students and faculty with alumni.
- Recruit alumni volunteers and ensures training, effective management, stewardship, coordination, and recognition.
- Provides responsible fiscal management of the Alumni Relations budget.
- Post-secondary education
- Previous work experience in an independent or post-secondary school setting combined with external engagement, communications, fundraising and/or development
- Confidence, sound judgement and excellent relationship management and interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written are essential
- Excellent networking and influencing skills complementing a persuasive and inspiring work style
- Ability to supervise and train volunteers, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources across the school community
- Working knowledge of best practices, trends, and metrics best used to develop, implement, manage, and measure alumni communications and build upon a successful platform.
- Occasional evening/weekend work expectations
- Moderate local travel to receptions and events
MacLachlan College welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), aboriginal (Indigenous) persons and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. MacLachlan is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment.
MacLachlan College is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com
for further details or if you require any information in an alternate format.