The following procedures and documents must be completed to be considered for admission. Items 1- 6 are completed through the application stage of the admissions process. Upon approval, an acceptance letter will be issued without delay. Items 7, 8, 9 and 10 must be completed upon arrival to Canada. The school will reserve a place for the student upon receipt of the full tuition fees.
1. Online international application inquiry form submitted by the student's parent, guardian or agent. A username and password will be sent to the parent, guardian and/or agent to begin the online international application.
2. Submit online application with $250 payment
3. Copy of most recent and last year's final report cards in English
4. Copy of passport showing date of birth
5. Confidential School Reference form completed by the student's current school and forwarded directly to MacLachlan.
6. Interview in person or via Skype with Director of International Studies
7. Completed immunization record in English
8. Two (2) recent photographs of the student
9. Copy of student study permit and student visa/authorization and date of entry to Canada
10. ESL placement test
Admission is based on review of report cards, reference reports and interview with MacLachlan's Director of International Studies. If a personal interview is not possible, a Skype interview will be scheduled. The ESL placement test will be administered upon the student's arrival in Canada or at our International Student Orientation Day prior to the start of the school year.
If vacancies cannot be confirmed at the time of the application, the student's name will be placed on the wait list. The school will notify the student when space is available and fees must be paid in full at that time to reserve the space. Current MacLachlan students re-register by February 15th. Vacancies will be assigned from the waiting list.
The application should be made to the school well in advance of your desired entry date. A non-refundable application fee of $250.00 for International students must accompany each application.